The District 33K BLUE BADGE PROGRAM has been designed to welcome NEW LIONS and give an overview of the many aspects of Lionism on a Club, Zone and District level.
Your role as the Sponsor of a new member is critical in this orientation process. Upon the completion of the "BLUE BADGE" requirements by your new member, he or she will receive a "Blue Badge" Pin. Please actively assist your new member with this program.
The next twelve (12) months are vital in forming a quality member. Share your knowledge about your club and Lions with your new member. Help your new member with the resources found on the LCI website, and please be available to answer any questions your new member may have... and most of all, HAVE FUN!!!!
In order to complete your Sponsor's responsibilities, you must complete the following requirements:
1. Become familiar with the "BLUE BADGE PROGRAM' requirements.
2. Develop a "Game Plan" with your new member as to how you will complete this program.
3. Attend meetings with your new member whenever possible.
4. Date and initial your new member's "BLUE BADGE" CARD upon completion of each of their requirements. When all requirements are met, return the card to your Membership Chairperson.
5. Remember that a Sponsor's obligation is a continuing one -- Take pride in your member!!!
We will award pins to those who meet the requirements at all district’s advisory meetings, Midwinter conference (Feb), State convention (May), or during one of your club’s functions, if preferred.
We have made it easier than ever to participate in the program by providing you with this online method of tracking your participation and submitting the completed form. Please use this online form: Blue Badge Application